Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Stalwart TGO Challenger Models 2011 Dress Code

TGO Challenge 2011 Dress Code Presumably TGO Control approves of this dress code, which should enable the Austrian Challenger, Markus, to feel more at home than usual in Scotland next year.  Though Markus had threatened to attend in a kilt.

This was brought to my attention by one of the early Challenge bloggers, who will no doubt be spending a couple of weeks next May chasing around Scotland looking for cheese and wine parties, as explained by another stalwart outdoors blogger in his 30 May 2010 posting.  [Having managed nine wild camps on this year’s Challenge without meeting a single other Challenger, I have to admit to being somewhat baffled by the latter posting.]

Thank you, everyone, and I hope you’ll forgive me for borrowing the image in order to convey this important news.

8 comments:

whitespider1066 said...

well I did think "I recognise that photo" you should look on youtube there is something even scarier there (especially the last couple of minutes).

Phreerunner said...

I couldn't find the 'U-Tube', but this man is surely one of the Challenge's true eccentrics. During the walk he seemed more concerned about the state of the shaver lights in the hotels that he was (frequently) frequenting, than about anything else. Is that not eccentric, for a man who doesn't shave?!

Mike Knipe said...

He does have very nice legs, though. I hadn't noticed till now....

Phreerunner said...

I thought you'd be impressed - a quick blast with a razor and they'd look like Kylie's?

Anonymous said...

The hills are alive with the sound of music! Will these lyrics be presented by Alan aka Mr. Longshanks on next year´s Thursday dinner party? In true Lederhosen style and accompanied by the Challenge Jodelling Choir.

Martin: I will carry a kilt on my 30th crossing.

Markus

Alan Sloman said...

Hmmm.

Linolights: The most important part of every hotel bedroom. That and the trouser press. As you can see from the photograph, my trouser press doesn't seem to be working.

I shall deal with Darren tomorrow. He is coming round to watch England turn up in South Africa.

John Hee said...

PR - congrats on your solitary TGO crossings. But based on the majority of reports over the last few years you are definitely in the minority I think?
;-)

Phreerunner said...

John, the point I was making is that you don't have to follow the 'Trade Routes' to feel part of and enjoy the Challenge.
There is without doubt a Challenge 'fraternity', and Sue and I have made many new friends.
I do enjoy long, sometimes solo, days in the hills, taking in as many summits as possible. Others prefer a more leisurely approach (as do I on occasion). Scotland is a big place, and the Challenge allows you to make the best of all worlds. In my opinion the cameraderie, even if you don't encounter other Challengers for much of the fortnight, gives the event a strong edge over just doing your own thing.