Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 7 April 2017

Monday 3 April 2017 – Along the Bridgewater Canal and Trans Pennine Trail

0301TPT

With Sue taking a period off work, she could join me on a short (18 km) bike ride along the canal to Stretford, then on the Trans Pennine Trail heading west to the Bay Malton, and home along the canal again.

A pleasurable hour on the bikes.

The canal towpath sports a few flowers that appear before I got around to taking photos last year. My entry from last July is here, and I’ve updated the slideshow here.

The following pictures demonstrate my continuing need to learn the art of taking pictures of flowers… Can anyone identify this one?

0302flower1

Here are some more from today’s ‘towpath offering’.

0305dandelion3

Dandelion

0306flower2

Speedwell – (‘Wood’, perhaps, or could it be ‘Slender’?)

0307flower3

A garden escape?

0308greenalkanet

Green Alkanet

0309lessercelandine

Lesser Celandine

0310daffodil

Daffodil – I should have got to them earlier as they are fading fast in the dry weather.

No comments: