Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 22 October 2018

Alpine Interlude (1) – Kastenegg, 19 July 2018

1917ascentofKastenegg1

I’m going to maintain a daily posting to entertain Dot, who is in the unfortunate position of having to forgo her frequent ‘coffee breaks’ with a neighbour who is very seriously ill. This lady is surrounded by people who don’t realise her close relationship for the past 30 to 35 years with Dot, who is not being updated on her condition and is naturally upset, especially as she isn’t sufficiently mobile to visit the neighbour.

So I hope these photos cheer you up, Dot. Pictured above are Sue, Jack, Ann and Colin, following me up to the 2821 metre summit of Kastenegg, with Großglockner in the background.

Below, a gem of the Alps, Spring Gentian, whose vivid shades of blue grace most limestone mountainsides.

These were both taken from ‘Day 18’ of our trip, which is where I’m up to with ‘processing’ the pictures. It seems appropriate to draw these images from the pictures I’m currently working on (albeit I am simply re-naming them at this point – I’ll describe the editing process next time).

1914SpringGentian2

No comments: