Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Black Rock Sands

1314BlackRockSands5

Today’s big news is that after nearly four years with the Samsung S5 phone, I’ve upgraded to an S9. I’ve left it so late that there’s hardly any increase in the monthly fee. But that means a lot of faffing, setting up the new phone and downloading maps etc. I don’t find it straightforward. I have some technical issues…

Anyway, I’ve taken a break to process some of last week’s photos and I’ve got this far – Black Rock Sands on Tuesday morning. It’s a long walk down that beach from Ynys Cyngar to Criccieth.

4 comments:

Sir Hugh said...

I wish you well with the tech. I am still bumbling on with my IPhone 6 Plus hoping they will continue to support it, or that some built in redundancy software isn't activated.

Sir Hugh said...

That is an urban myth (I hope) that I keep coming across.

AlanR said...

Does it not transfer automatically?
Conrad. I’m on iPhone 6 and have no wish to change it. Keep updating the iOS and all hopefully should be well.

Phreerunner said...

The shop transferred the apps and most data, but obviously not the Anquet maps on a micro SD card. I'm trying a larger SD card on the new phone, which means reloading all the maps. This isn't as easy as it sounds. Work in progress.

S5 to S9 covers 4 years of 'development' so it'll take me a while to get used to it.