Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Saturday 16 March 2019 – Another ex TDHHC Reunion

Target practice in the Peak District

I originally headed this posting with a picture of ‘The Mad Ones’ after completing the Bogle Stroll in 1981. Then I found a magnificent diary entry on that event by Nick – all of 42 pages of a small notebook! – so I’ve postponed that entry in favour of a few older images that may bring back memories to some of the 14 old friends who turned up at our house for a mini ‘tea and cake’ reunion on Saturday afternoon, following the get together we enjoyed on 6 November last year.
 
All my ex-UMIST/TDHHC postings can be found here. I’ll be adding entries that cover a banquet, and the above-mentioned Bogle Stroll.

Thanks again, to the following who took the trouble to turn up on Saturday. Our kitchen has never been so full!

Linda, Gary, Paul and Julie, Dave and Margaret, Rob and Brenda, Ian and Rona, and Dave and Calla. And it was lovely to see Paul and Julie again at Eagley Jazz Club on Monday evening. We hope you enjoyed that.

More memories below, and a forgotten name ‘Linda Spencer’ to relate to the picture above…. I’m afraid I can’t name everyone on these photos, but if you look at them for long enough, some names come back. Where are they all now?

From a Lake District weekend, perhaps in the Langdale Valley

Well, three of them were at our house on Saturday, and I’m in touch with about five more of those in the above 1970s pictures.

No comments: