Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 9 March 2020

Saturday 7 March 2020 - Markeaton (Derby) parkrun number 318

 
Google seems to have created a few hurdles in order for me to access my blog, so this is just a short entry to check that I've managed to get it working, and a 'mobile' posting will follow, by way of a test using my phone rather than this desktop computer.
 
Saturday morning saw me in a park in Derby with Richard, pictured above. My pre-run pictures don't quite portray the numbers of participants.
 
 
 
 
I never got to hear the pre run briefing as I was crammed in amongst the 663 participants. This was a popular event! By some dint of fortune, I was within the first couple of hundred starters, so I can't complain too much about the minor hold up at the start. Richard soon went past, and as I didn't want to keep him waiting at the finish for too long I managed to adopt one of my quicker jogging paces, albeit there was an annoying hill that slowed the older participants on both the laps around this pleasant park.
 
Richard came home in a creditable position 28, whilst at 84th, I was happy to be in the first hundred to cross the finishing line. 23.35 was my time, and the age related percentage of 75.69% put me in 5th place overall on that basis. All in all, a satisfactory pre-walk jog, after which we zoomed back to our weekend base to resume activities there.
 
The picture below shows people finishing, as Richard and I departed the scene. I wish I'd spotted what appears to be a table of cakes in the bottom right.
 
 
The full results are here. Well done, and thank you, to all the marshals who facilitated the smooth running of this event.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

We really must get ourselves to that one some time, considering the easy journey from home (indeed, I used to drive past Markeaton Park regularly on my way to work, back in my days of gainful employment).

Sir Hugh said...

That last photo has people facing in the most varied and random different directions.

Keep safe whilst mingling with the crowds.

Phreerunner said...

I wish we'd had time to stay for longer, but this was the closest timewise to our Peak District walking base. Don't expect a quick getaway unless you push to the front, btw.
(No Sue on this one as she is nursing a sore leg.)