Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 17 September 2020

Lockdown in Timperley - Life Goes On

 
Before I start. I'm having serious difficulty with the new Blogger interface, which amongst other problems has left me just an inch at the top of the screen to input text etc. So it's really hard to see what's going on. My ability to revert to the 'legacy' Blogger seems to have been lost. If anyone is able to explain how the new Blogger works... Help! [Later: a bit of progress has been made after switching to Google Chrome.]
 
Shown above, is a current picture of the Bridgewater Canal from Timperley Bridge, with that taken at the start of Lockdown six months ago below. 

The next picture shows us at Wythenshawe Park on 3 September, after Sue has had a rather messy incident with a bird, with Cary trying manfully to clean her up!
















Meanwhile, the tree mentioned in a previous posting has not had to be fully felled - this is how it has been left.






















A week later, and we are still socially distancing at the park on our Saturday morning parkrun gatherings.

Meanwhile, Annie was late, and our tomato plants (thanks JJ) are thriving.


I've finished up doing this text in 'Word' and copying and pasting. Unless I can work out how to use the new blogger software, I'll be struggling with future postings and may have to resort to mobile postings with limited images. [Later: I've changed from Internet Explorer to Chrome, and am having a more acceptable experience. Blogger no longer works in IE.]

 

The pictures below show Mike and Sarah with Sarah's pram, and our living room before being decorated. Once decoration had started, some damp patches appeared by and on the chimney breast. We are drying them out, decorating, turning off the radiator and using the gas fire for a while, and seeing what happens. It may be rising damp/chimney condensation. We'll see! Andy the roofer, and Tony the builder, have both helped, though we haven't got to the bottom of the problem.

 

This week our kitchen is also our living room, and the dining room is a reading room - for one person.

 

This short posting has taken me over three four hours, which is unacceptable.










These last pictures are of the park by Navigation Road - everyone must be back at work.

4 comments:

Phreerunner said...

I forgot to mention a fox arrived at our back door whilst we were having breakfast. I think it was lost!

Since the original posting this morning, I've managed to edit some of the pictures, using HTML on my iPad, which does show a full screen, when not half obliterated by the keypad.

A picture of our tomatoes has disappeared. If I try to add it, it appears at the top of the posting. It appears impossible to insert additional images into the body of the posting.

The picture of the river is the Mersey weir at Northenden, on my off road route to see Mike and Sarah.

I'm going to have to experiment. Pictures are a problem regarding size and resolution, and they will have to be added in an order that can't be changed due to the inability of Blogger to accept new pictures other than to the head of the posting. Text will then be prepared in 'word' and will be copied and pasted, perhaps all in one go, as splitting it may be difficult, though I'll try.

If anyone can point me to a simple tutorial as to how to use this new Blogger interface, I'd be most grateful.

Phreerunner said...

Later: changing from IE to Chrome has been helpful, though the new Blogger seems to have even more glitches than the old version.

Sir Hugh said...

My blog is also with Blogger but my desk top is an Apple iMac. The only difference I have noticed in in Blogger Dashboard itself which has taken on a less user friendly format. However, now that I have found where all the buttons are I have little problem - except...

Using Safari I cannot open Preview which is something called a "pop-up" - I know nothing more about pop-ups but like you I tried in Chrome and it works OK there. I have no problem with uploading photos from my desk-top and publishing them. I nearly always put the photos after my text.

-----------

That damp patch looks like a pipe or radiator leak?

Like you life carries on here and probably with less restriction for me now than for you although the signs are not good for the coming months.

Phreerunner said...

Thanks for those comments, Conrad. I think using Chrome for Blogger is probably the answer.

The damp patch is nowhere near any pipes, but it is next to the chimney. We are drying it out and papering, and using the gas fire for a while. If it comes back we may need to do more. We'll have enough paper left over to re-paper if necessary.

Going for a walk with some old cronies today, before that's blocked!