Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 30 September 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 37: 19 May 2011)


After two nights under roofs - first the excellence of Eddie and Heather's hospitality at Bridge of Gaur Guesthouse, secondly with Markus, Silke and Stefan in a comfy room at Culra Bothy (now out of bounds due to an asbestos problem) - we set up camp at NN690872 by Loch Cuaich. There are plenty of good camping spots here.

Mike had taken the low level route beside Loch Ericht and arrived at 3:30 pm, whereas Stefan and I arrived rather later. I had taken in The Fara (911 metres), via an exciting sighting of a Wildcat. I think Stefan took a low level route and spent a long time in the distillery at Dalwhinnie. I met him at the petrol station, where I collected a parcel containing four days' supplies, and he gorged on pasties whilst I chatted to a keeper who confirmed that I had indeed seen a wildcat.

The next two pictures are courtesy of Stefan. Mike and me cooking our suppers.



No comments: