Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 1 October 2020

Another Marathon - Sunday 4 October

Finishing the Manchester Marathon in April 2019 - my most recent marathon

I was due to run the London Marathon on 26 April 2020. 

That has been postponed to 3 October 2021, and I intend to run it then. 

In the meantime, on Sunday 4 October this year, a 'virtual' London Marathon is being held, with runners able to complete their own marathon courses over a 24 hour period on Sunday. 

I will be taking part, wearing bib number 26034. My route will go from our house in Timperley, to Wythenshawe Park by way of a circuitous 10 km route. My 'support' (Sue) will be positioned in the main car park in the park from about 10 am until I finish after running nearly 43 km (26+ miles), hopefully by about 3 pm. 

I have no specific route in the park, which has about a 5 km circumference - I'll be running/walking through the park at random. On Garmin, my route may look like an unravelled ball of wool! The full results will be published in due course.

The forecast is for rain. It could be an unpleasant 6 hours or so. And I'm unlikely to find any other 'over 70's' to commiserate with. Please do feel free to either come to the car park to support and chat with Sue, or jog around a 'lap' or so with me.

I'm running in aid of the Levana School Partnership charity, which like most charities needs all the funds it can get to carry out its aim of supporting township schools in Cape Town.

I'd therefore be really appreciative of any donation you can afford, however small. Otherwise there's not a lot of point in me doing a run that many of my contemporaries would regard as being 'a bit hard'.!

So, please, please, click here to donate (and note that you can change any charge from JustGiving to zero) and make the six hours or so of effort worthwhile from my point of view.

I'll let people know how I get on by way of a further blog entry.

Thank you.

No comments: