Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Wednesday 17 August 2005 - Via Ferrata Ivona Dibona



I wish I had time to reproduce my full report on this walk (watch this space). Via Ferrata Ivona Dibona is a firm favourite of mine, and was a fixture on all our trips to Camping Cortina. It's a long route, mostly a walk, but with some technical sections requiring use of the VF kits. It starts from Rifugio Lorenzi, 2932 metres, in the background above, after a long ascent in 'buckets' that may now have been replaced.

My pictures from our 2005 visit to the Alps/Dolomites have just sat on a hard drive for over 15 years, and some of the images feature in the pile of photos I must have had printed at the time and am currently ploughing through with the aim of putting them in an album. There's lots of ammunition for these pages - just not enough hours in the day to deal with all the projects that are competing for priority. 

I'd love to go back there...

No comments: