Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 31 July 2021

Another parkrun at Wythenshawe


The solitude of my regular (not)parkrun - see the picture in De Quincey park above during my 400th or so (not)parkrun - was in stark contrast to this morning's parkrun at Wythenshawe, where 301 participants enjoyed three socially distanced laps around the football pitches, aided and encouraged by numerous volunteers.

My time, 25:52, was a bit quicker than last week, mainly due to my efforts to keep up with Rufus, a task in which I failed despite Rufus needing to stop to empty his bowels.

Afterwards, many of us braved the long queue for coffees etc at the Courtyard Café.



The 'management' spotted our table, idling the morning away, so we were given the task of sorting all 301 barcodes into order so that they can be handed out next week.


We love that job! Almost back to 'normal' apart from the hand sanitiser.

No comments: