Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 23 May 2022

Monday 23 May 2022 - Beinn a Bhuird North Top


Another bike ride took us past a family of hares near Mar Lodge then up Glen Quoich to the foot of a gentle climb to the North Top of Beinn a Bhuird, one of Sue's hitherto unclimbed Munros.

Simon having gone home last night, it was just Sue and Alastair and me today, and I didn't plan on doing anything more than the bike ride. I took a wrong option beside the river and finished up well behind the others. But I decided to continue on foot in the nice weather and got to the top in time for lunch. But my lunch had been left far below by the river as I'd not been expected at the summit!
 

There's still quite a bit of snow on the high summits of the Cairngorms.



A couple of rain showers during the descent led to brief concerns about the level of water in the river, but even Sue was able to get across without wetting her feet!


Our return to the car was varied from the ascent by way of a visit to the Linn of Quoich.


Then Alastair went to his dad's in Yorkshire and Sue and I entertained John Enoch, one of my TGO Challenge vettees, who happens to be staying at the campsite tonight. He is on schedule, and we enjoyed a very pleasant evening with him.

No comments: