Following comments and emails after the previous posting, JJ spotted this web page, which includes the following text:
“Small Workaround to Post using Windows Live WriterWell frankly its not a straight way to hack into and make once again live writer compatible with blogger but you can write down your posts using it and post it using blogger by copying its HTML content, check how.
- Write down your full post in Windows Live Writer.
- Now shift to the Source TAB below.
- Copy the whole thing and use Blogger > Posts > New Post.
- Click on the HTML Tab and paste, this way all your formatting with remain the same.
- Now for the images it can be uploaded directly on blogger, or if you want to format it live in live writer then you can upload it to some outer hosting (which I don't recommend) like Imgur and many other.
I actually tried this on Tuesday (26 May) when I first encountered the WLW problem. It didn’t work for me then, I think because of problems with the images, but I’m ready to give it a go again. The picture, if it transmits, is of the 241 runners assembling outside Wythenshawe Hall for this morning’s parkrun (the results of which are not shown here at the time of posting, but they are on the ‘latest results’ page.
Conclusion (added later):
This seems to work for the text but not for the image, for which the correct amount of space is given, as well as the Alt tag, but the image isn't shown. Playing with the HTML for that seems unsatisfactory, so it looks as if the images need to be added separately, which for me is a real pain. So whilst this approach does seem to be a solution for text only postings, inclusion of images at the correct size remains a difficulty.
Here's another go at inserting the image, and I've tried to adjust the size by using the HTML code screen. It looks hopeful, but you need a calculator to work out the height adjustment once you've adjusted the HTML code to the desired width (550 pixels in this case).