Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 20 April 2019

TGO Challenge Parcel Service


 

 

 
Up to Penrith in time for the nine o'clock parkrun, after which Mike P left a parcel with me. We enjoyed a chat, then I headed up to Bridge of Orchy to deposit a parcel.

Buachaille Etive Mòr, like all the hills passed on today's journey, was grey under a thick haze. However, it was t-shirt weather, so I shouldn't complain.

Well,  perhaps I should, as by the time my 400 mile journey ended in Newtonmore at 6pm it was raining! Sue confirmed that the weather in Birmingham was still bright and sunny...

Ali, Adrian and their daughter Ellen were in residence. We enjoyed a very pleasant evening talking about all things 'Challenge' (well, tents), in between mouthfuls.

Thanks for having me, and thanks for the excellent meal.

Next TGOC 2019 posting

4 comments:

Gayle said...

On Friday I had a quick look at where our nearest parkrun was. Had I not decided it was just a bit too much of a detour in the wrong direction, I would have seen you at Penrith.

Phreerunner said...

That's a shame. It was only 5 minutes off my route - the 4th time I've taken advantage of it, and a convenient spot to take delivery of a parcel.

wuxing said...

Thanks for sharing your trip Martin. Dundee and the Clova Hotel have clearly taken a turn for the better since I lived there more than 20 years ago. I must get to the V&A one of these days. Especially as those hills are clearly as deserted as they were back then.

As there were so few people around, did you manage to spot a wild haggis. Rumour has it they still live around there...

Phreerunner said...

Oh yes, I forgot about that sighting. The wild haggis is very well camouflaged, but I've noticed one in a 'tussock' picture taken when I left the camera running - thanks for the reminder, Nick - it's now on a separate posting as I don't know how to insert pictures into comments.