Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 8 October 2015

“Another Pyrenean Adventure – Coast to coast along the GR11” – another Sue and Martin production for SWOG

0701slideshow

I have well over 2000 pictures from my walk across the Pyrenees earlier this summer. It was therefore quite a struggle to cull them to a manageable number to show to Stockport Walking and Outdoors Group (SWOG) last night.

It was worth the effort though, as well over 30 folk turned up despite the competing attraction of a baking show that saw 14.5 million people tuned in to the most watched TV programme of the year.

With standing room only at Hazel Grove Civic Hall it was great to have such a good turnout. Thanks in particular to a contingent of friends who are not members of SWOG but who made a special effort to attend. It’s the first time I’ve given this slideshow and it did slightly run over the hour that I was supposed to take. I hope that didn’t upset anyone. It was still impossible to include everything I wanted to say, but hey, if you would like more you could always purchase a copy of my new book – ‘Another Pyrenean Adventure’, of which a few copies are being printed next week. It’s a companion volume to my 2013 ‘A Pyrenean Adventure’ book, of which I still have a few copies in stock. Both are available (basically at cost) for £10 including P&P for those in the UK, a little more if you are overseas .

It was a great walk, but I won’t be doing it again!

Pictured – sunset from below Port de Ratera on 11 July 2015.

No comments: