Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 10 June 2018

Saturday 9 June 2018 – Wythenshawe parkrun Number 342

0901parkrun01

I was fit enough to pop along to yesterday’s parkrun, where 341 participants graced the 342nd event at Wythenshawe. “Nearly but not quite”, says the resident symetrician, “but certainly in the top ten regarding participant numbers”.

The full results are here. I perched in a deck chair near the start, from where the following pictures were snapped before we adjourned for a very long coffee break.

0902parkrun02    Early leaders

0903parkrun03    Near the front

0904parkrun04    Not far from the front

0905parkrun05    A little further from the front

0906parkrun06    Top 20?

0907parkrun07    A bit further back

0908parkrun08    A lot further back

0909parkrun09   Near the very back

0910parkrun10   Leaders on lap 2 – and which of those old timers was first to finish?

0911parkrun11   The Courtyard Tea Room an hour and a half later

2 comments:

afootinthehills said...

Good to see you out again if not actually running yet. I’ve replied to the comment you left on my calf muscle injury, explaining the delay in responding. Apologies.

Phreerunner said...

Thanks Gibson
I was a little ambitious on the first day after the op, and have been in some pain today, but I've just changed the dressing for the first time and the wound looks fine. I think the staples may have been catching on something, giving rise to discomfort.
I do need to take it easy though. So I'm doing lots of planning (eg a TGOC route from Torridon), switching a hut to hut trip to a hotel trip, and playing with photos. I'm still managing to use Picasa, that much loved 'retired' but not satisfactorily replaced product, and in order to see comments, like you, I now have to make a dummy comment and tick the follow-up box.
I suppose you pay for what you get, and this fortnight's Web User magazine recommends a cut down version of PhotoScape X as a free replacement for Picasa.
Enjoy the modelling.