Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 18 October 2008

Friday 17 October 2008 - Another Friendly Heron

On 9 October last year I posted an entry about a friendly heron.  It's one of very few postings where I wasn't able to use one of my own photos.

Several herons live near the canal hereabouts.  They are used to people.  Sometimes they just let you walk past, but usually they wait until the passer-by is a few metres away before lifting off and gracefully gliding to a similar distance on the other side of the pedestrian, to recommence their fishing.

Today I was a bit quicker with the camera, and whilst this image may not be up to the standard of the one I borrowed last year, at least it's my own.

1701heron

No comments: