Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 14 June 2019

Test - Wednesday evening's route, and destination




I'm trying to find an antidote to the blurry image problem. Bear with me whilst I carry out a few tests over the next few days.
 
These images were loaded at full size, directly into 'Blogger'.

That sort of works, at a default 'large' width of 400px. Now let's load them again and change the width to 550px, which is the size I use for the blog postings.


 
I don't think that works. I'm off out for a walk. Will continue this later.
 
Let's try changing the setting to extra large - 640px
 

 
Brilliant! But that's too wide for my blog template. Lets try setting the picture size at x-large (640px) then adjusting the size to 550px in HTML:


 
That seems to work. Now lets try with 'Saved for web' images of about 200Kb, rather than with full size images:
 

 
That looks acceptable. So I need to go through old postings and change the picture settings, and for new postings pictures can be loaded at original size or at 'Save for web' size, set at x-large, 640px, (or larger?), and then manually adjusted in HTML to the desired width/height, in this case a maximum width of 550px, to fit the Blogger template that is being used. Note the height also needs to be adjusted in HTML, eg a height of 400px would change to 343px on this basis (400 x 550/640).

I wish I'd tried this months ago!

No comments: