Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 1 June 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 6: 17 May 2007)

 
TGOC 2007, my first Challenge, was an excellent year for wild camps. On this day I was heading from the River Findhorn (Coignascallan) towards the Red Bothy by the River Dulnain. I didn't make it. I had sore feet, and after ten miles I found myself on a lovely remote grassy sward.
 
 
Setting up camp at 2 pm made for a very leisurely afternoon. After having waved goodbye to Bob and Rose at 8:10 that morning, I saw nobody else all day. I lazed all afternoon with a pleasant view from the tent.
 
 
Here's a photo taken the following morning, showing this wonderful, and actually fairly concealed, spot beside Allt an Tudair at NH795178.
 

No comments: