Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 3 October 2021

Sunday 3 October 2021 - The 41st London Marathon


Here I am after finishing the race in 5 hours, 45 minutes, coming 133rd out of  about 160 finishers in my 70-74 age group. I'd have been a bit quicker if I hadn't started with a somewhat debilitating foot injury. Anyway, that means the muscles weren't unduly extended, though they will probably benefit from a bit of a rest while the foot recovers from whatever is wrong with it. Expect some reports of bike rides.

Thank you for the contributions to my fundraising efforts. I'm delighted to announce that earlier today the £2500 target was achieved, though further donations will of course be welcome.

I'll do a fuller report next week.

6 comments:

BrextonT said...

Weil done Martin. Although it is not an official record you must have set a record for age for running a Marathon with a damaged foot! Good to meet up with you and Sue and well done on the amount you raised for the charity.

Phreerunner said...

Thanks Robert, it was good to see you and Lyn, albeit briefly. Thanks again for your support.

Sir Hugh said...

Well done, especially with that disability. That means I have now got two friends with foot problems, See Bowland Climber's recent posts. Here's hoping you can both make swift recoveries.

afootinthehills said...

Very well done Martin. I hope the foot mends quickly.

Markus Petter said...


I salute you, Martin for this phenomenal achievement! Good to see that your damaged foot didn´t stop you :)

Markus

Phreerunner said...

Thanks, everyone, your comments are appreciated. I'm sure the foot will recover, but I'm on a bike for the time being.