Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 12 August 2024

Running Update



Wythenshawe parkrun number 581.


There were 365 finishers. I started slowly in my now customary ('elder statesman?) position at the rear of the field, but I came home in about 33 minutes in position 274.
 




Sue, and Paul and Jeanette and Andy, were much quicker, but Maggi, who may be even older than me, followed me into the 'funnel'.

On Sunday I marshalled at the statue, for the weekly 5km Community Run. Here are a few pictures taken from my marshalling station.

The hall

The statue

The leaders

Not far behind

It's a good event to support, especially on a lovely summer's morning like this one.

Later, I went for a 5km stroll, using the nice path that runs between De Quincey Park and Woodheys Park.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

5km in 33 minutes is fantastic whatever age you are. Well done.

AlanR said...

Sorry my comment defaulted to Anonymous and I didn’t spot it. 😫

Phreerunner said...

Thanks Alan. We keep trying...