Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 18 October 2007

Sunday 7 October 2007 - Autumn Skies

Today a clear blue sky encouraged us to wash down our chocolate croissants with a local stroll. So off we went to Alderley Edge for a familiar two hour round from the Drum and Monkey. There were lots of people out – dog walkers, families, groups of young walkers, pensioners – folk of all sorts. As we supped our flask of tea on a log near Edge House Farm we contemplated the view towards the Peak District. I thought about Jim Perrin’s comments in November’s TGO mag. Wind farms, reservoirs, landfill sites, the 4x4 brigade, etc, are getting him down. Sitting here on the edge of suburbia, but for people’s clothing it could be 100 years ago – no sign of the conspicuous consumption and the other stuff that seems to depress Jim, and cheery hellos from everyone taking advantage of the lovely morning to get a bit of fresh air.
And after discussion with Sue, we decide to try the ‘crap taster blog’ offered by Fasthosts. There seems nothing to lose, so I’ll give it a shot. Now!
Later (A Lot Later!)
Experiments with 'Blogware' failed. Then I made a further exploration into 'Blogspot' and am giving that my best shot. I'll catch up with the entries as soon as I can.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin,
hi great that you have started a blog. Traffic will take off once the weekly round up has been posted. I'll add you to the blogroll as well on my blog.
Like the look and content as well.

This is really great.

Darren

Phreerunner said...

Thanks Darren, it's partly your comments that have given me the drive to set up the experiment!
Martin