Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 18 October 2007

Saturday 6 October 2007 - A Dilemma


After a deal of wrestling with stuff I don’t really understand, I think I’ve transferred the old u-net (mountainview) web pages – all 120 of them – to the Fasthosts hosted topwalks.com site, and I’ve managed to install an automatic redirect for most of the pages. The Outlook Express address list has also been tidied up and categorised so that I can inform people of the email changes in manageable chunks.
So then I turned my efforts to uploading these jottings. I’ve collected useful notes on installing Wordpress – ‘The Ultimate Blog’. But now I find our Fasthosts package would need to be substantially upgraded in order to cope with the Wordpress software. Fasthosts offer a ‘taster’ blog service for no charge, but it looks crap. So should I just use a new web page, or a link to a pdf file, change from Fasthosts, or forget the whole idea? I look at a number of outdoor blogs: the ‘stayers’ seem to use Wordpress, Blogspot or specially constructed pages. I’ll sleep on it…..dreaming of sunny climes.

No comments: