Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 9 November 2008

Saturday 8 November 2008 - Ellie and Jason get married

An enjoyable day was had by all, at Sandhole Oak Barn, near Congleton.  This was the (really excellent) venue for my niece Ellie's wedding.blog-08110801ellie

There was a hyperactive man taking lots of photos, so we didn't try to compete with him, but here's a glimpse of some of the 'usual suspects'.

blog-08110802group

And this picture shows Ellie and Jason cutting into the results of our chemistry experiment with the slurry we had concocted at the time of the last posting.

blog-08110803cake

The weather stayed fair for them, and they probably don't care much about today's inclemency, as they set off at 6 am (ugh) this morning to join the Trans Siberian Express on the first leg of a round the world trip which is planned to take a whole year.

We wish them a wonderful life together and a very happy year that really does put our own pathetic efforts at travelling into perspective!

Meanwhile, today (Sunday) I managed a pleasant bike ride before the worst of the rain arrived, but the towpath was muddy and 'she who must be obeyed' insisted on hosing me down before I was allowed back into the house!  I'm sparing you, dear reader, from any grey canalscapes that I may have been able to capture through the gloom of the November afternoon.

I'm becoming increasingly conscious of the 'lack of depth' to my postings compared with some of the other outdoors bloggers, but notwithstanding that I have today gained a fifth 'follower', Ron Bloomquist, who writes an entertaining blog - Walking Fort Bragg.  Hello Ron, I hope you will enjoy following the (mainly) outdoor activities, and hopefully the occasional pleasing image, from this layabout based in the north west of England.

No comments: