Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 20 May 2011

Carn Dearg Mòr (CDM)

Here's Mike on the summit of CDM this afternoon.

Jamie, you are correct. There was a storm this morning that dumped snow above 500 metres. I went over Meall Chuaich in it. That snow has now virtually gone, but the wind has strengthened.

Given the dodgy forecast and the strong wind, although the Cairngorm plateau looks enticing from CDM, with very little snow, it could be quite unpleasant. So we will take our Glen Feshie foul weather route tomorrow. This probably puts us away from a phone signal for up to three days, so sorry about that - I'll do my best...

Peter and Barbara are from the Burnley area btw, Alan.

Bye for now
.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment
but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr...
well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway,
just wanted to say excellent blog!