Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 10 February 2012

Après Ski, and the Wakefield Triangle

Les Saisons Cafe, Chelsea

Today (Friday) Helen joined Sue and me for a couple of hours’ respite from our ‘beach holiday’, by way of a whizz around the 17 km ‘Wakefield Triangle’.  This is a circuit from P17 – along trail 51 to P19 (Philippe) then back along trail 53.  Trail 53 is a favourite, as it’s one of the few trails in Gatineau Park that passes through open countryside, though that often means the groomed track is blown over with spindrift that the woodland trails don’t suffer from.

You can see from the photo of Sue on this trail that today wasn’t so sunny – there were sunny intervals, but not at the time I took the picture that would demonstrate the open countryside.  It was above freezing, so our violet wax only worked intermittently, some of the trail being cool in the shade, but some of it having turned to ice in the sunshine.

Sue on Trail 53

A planned trip to Wakefield (the town – in Quebec – ha!) was abandoned in favour of delicious hot chocolate and carrot cake at Les Saisons Cafe (pictured above) in Chelsea, where we were able to conduct other essential business next door at ‘The Pub’.

3 comments:

afootinthehills said...

I appear to have lost you as a Follower. Nothing I said I hope!

Phreerunner said...

Hi Gibson
It seems that I 'Follow' you in the name of Martin Banfield, with no image, rather than as Phreerunner, so when I get home I'll delete one and insert the other, if you like...
They'll both be me, and I do enjoy your postings, albeit they are currently slightly lacking in content and perhaps more suited to the connoisseur?!?...

Sir Hugh said...

Are those lobsters for real? If so I am envious.