Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Saturday 21 December 2019 - Wythenshawe parkrun number 421

 
It's the time of year when many people dress up for their 5 km parkrun pre Christmas ritual.
 
Cary's was a particularly good disguise!
 
Alan's team was also preparing for action.
 
 
We ran the Flag and Sandcastle course 'backwards'. I think Dan (Run Director for the day) meant 'in reverse'. Here we are at the start.
 
 
Sue posed with two reprobates - Running Ron, and Andy 'No Show', who by dint of some unexpected miracle had actually turned up.
 
 
The numbers swelled as it got closer to nine o' clock.
 
 

 
 
Oliver looked on as the Cordingly Dynasty assembled en masse.
 
 
Then we were off, soon into the muddy grass of the 'flag' area, then back up the start/finish straight.
 
The legs of my costume were by now sodden and dragging around the ankles. Hard work! And more mud to come...
 
 
My camera had been given to Rowena, who took this series of photos, hence the regular appearance of her heavily disguised father... Thanks Rowena, you did well.
 
 
After the first lap, even 'slow Alastair' came steaming past me!
 
 
I think Cary blamed the hot beard for his slow time.
 
 
I struggled to the finish in 25.36, feeling as if my ankles had weights attached to them. Position 82. (Full results are here.)
 
 
Cheeky Andrew flew past Sue in the finishing straight. 
 
 
A quick post run photo, then it was off to the café for coffee and scones.
 
 
 
Well, that was such a jolly occasion that we repeated it on Sunday at the Great Run Local event in Wythenshawe Park. Here's a team of worthies - Winston Runners I presume.
 

There was no Rowena to take photos today...

The legs were as much of a drag as ever, but I did manage to shave two seconds of the previous day's time, with Sue just behind, though Richard Bacon (78) finished well ahead of us today.
 
 
 
Two lovely events. Very enjoyable, as was the subsequent soak in the bath - for both bodies and my costume.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

An excellent selection of outfits on display there, and it always makes me smile to see you in your Christmas Tree outfit.

Bizarrely, the best parkrun outfit I witnessed in person over the Christmas period was an 8+ foot tall dinosaur on Christmas morning.