Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 7 September 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 32: 23 May 2010)

 
The ninth and final wild camp of my 2010 Challenge was on the shore of Loch Beanie, where, after a twelve hour day that included a good meal at the Spittal of Glenshee Hotel*, I was joined by Brian (pictured above after politely asking if I minded him camping near me - "yes, that's fine, it's the best spot"), a New Zealander with a 30 kg pack who was walking the Cateran Trail.
 
 
 Two mating swans cavorted on the Loch whilst I cooked my supper.
 
 
Brian had a load of fishing tackle and spare clothing, but very little food. He caught a lot of weed, but no fish!
 
 
After a day during which it had rained for a few hours, we enjoyed a lovely sunset.
 

The following morning offered fine views back across Loch Beanie, as I moved on, leaving Brian to slumber in peace.
 
 
* 20% discount to Challengers, but sadly it burnt down in around 2014.

No comments: