Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 19 March 2023

Sunday 19 March 2023 - A Walk from Eype Mouth


A short drive to the NT car park on Stonebarrow Lane put Sue in a position to be pictured in an undergrowth of gorse bushes.

Others who are staying nearby and with whom we enjoyed a fine meal at their rented house last night, soon arrived. I was to have a gentle day whilst my strained calf repairs itself, so I bade goodbye to Dave, Sue, Gill, Sue, Gaynor and David and headed to Eype Mouth.


A short walk from the car park saw me up Thorncombe Beacon, with good views from the crumbling cliffs to the east.



Near the summit, someone’s been busy!


I met the others above Seatown, and we soon paused for lunch on the draughty hillside.



And the prevailing wind is from the sea…


Back at Thorncombe Beacon, Gaynor expressed ‘Body Language’ while the others lined up for a routine snapshot.


Gill stopped walking at Eype, joining me to wrestle with a car park in West Bay - a very busy place on Mothers Day. We all met up and returned drivers to cars before adjourning to our various accommodations.
Here’s where I went - follow the light blue line. About 6km for me. The others probably walked about 11km, maybe the same as Colin’s group of ‘Inland Antiquities Walkers’.


No comments: