Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 23 August 2010

Sunday 22 August 2010 – A Chance Encounter

“Hello Martin” said the voice under the baseball cap.  “I’m Jamie”.

A glamorous lady sidled up… “Who’s this?” she enquired.

”It’s the Postcard” explained Jamie, after introducing Nicky.

I’ve been following Jamie’s ‘Trekking Britain’ blog and website for some time, and he has been following these pages and even on occasion the actual footsteps described herein.  So I think we feel we know each other quite well.

It was just as well that I hadn’t loaded the ice cream for the evening’s BBQ until after our chat in Sainsbury’s frozen foods aisle.  It could have melted.

Here are Jamie and Nicky, on the top of Blencathra earlier this year – probably a more likely venue for a chance encounter than a supermarket!

Jamie and Nicky on the summit of Blencathra

It was a lovely to bump into you, I’m glad you spotted me.  We should meet up for a walk or a ride sometime – feel free to email me using the ‘Contact us’ button here, Jamie, and I’ll try to let you know of any short notice activities that may interest you both.

In the meantime, have a great honeymoon.

[I hope you don’t mind me using the above photo, especially as your baseball cap seems to have blown away!  Or was it being used as a tripod?]

No comments: