Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 28 April 2018

Another Day, Another Trip (and a parkrun)

Here we are at Terminal 2. (Top picture.)

I'm afraid I haven't made time for either an Anglesey summary and index, or a resumption of the diary transcript of our thrilling visit to the Vanoise region back in 2007. I'll get round to those eventually. 

There are indeed many missing index pages in this blog that would benefit readers researching certain routes. Maybe I'll get around to doing them at some point. It's a pleasurable task but time is the enemy.

This coming trip will be very much a relaxing holiday, as serious exercise is an uncomfortable proposition for me at the moment, pending my hernia op.

This morning Sue and I popped along to Wythenshawe Park, where 300 runners, joggers and walkers completed the 5 km course without incident. I marshalled whilst Sue walked round with Jeanette, in their usual chatty time of just under 40 minutes. Other members of Jeanette's family, Paul and Greg, managed to rub the sleep from their eyes after getting home at 3 am from a 10 km charity walk in Manchester that started at midnight. They are both pictured above, amongst others on the first lap, before the three leaders jogged home in rather less than 19 minutes, and a squad from a local school posed to celebrate their successes.

There's a run director posing somewhere amongst today's pictures, and one of the Barbers bribed me with coffee to position him in front of his yawning son... Thanks Paul!

No comments: