Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 4 June 2009

A Second Breakfast in Grassington

A trip to the local Spar shop has provisioned me for the (last fine - according to the Spar lady) day.

It's good strolling weather for this meander south, mainly along the scenic Dales Way today.

Thanks for all your comments. I should reach the Ilkley area tonight, Gayle, though I did suffer an overnight setback with my gammy leg. A bit of exploratory surgery revealed a foot problem, so I spent some time using my trusty Swiss army knife as a saw. This means I no longer have to carry the crutches, which have been pressed into Essential Service.

And I have a pie for lunch (hang on, we had no pies yesterday!?) so should make it to the afternoon.

Saxifrage - ah, of course, which variety?

Louise - my long gone English teacher has been grinning in his grave!

Alan - I think Mike's fleece was stuffed full of pies, but he didn't proffer one. It was all I could do to keep up with him. I've learnt from Peter and Barbara - carry lots of Mars Bars!

Now, how do I escape from Grassington?

2 comments:

Mike Knipe said...

I didn't have me flowers book at the time, but a retrospective look at my wild flower key indicates that the most likely candidate for saxifrage of the day was "Mossy" - saxifraga hypnoides.
You could have asked for a pie.... (pastiata cornwalliensis gravydensus)

Phreerunner said...

Very remiss of me not to ask for a pie!!!
Next time...
I thought at first that it was Meadow Saxifrage, but I don't think the petals were big enough, so I agree: Mossy Saxifrage - we should have taken a picture.
Did you enjoy the Bird's-eye Primroses I saw just after you left?