Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Interlude

The Bridgewater Canal near Altrincham in a snowstorm on 1 December 2010

It’s not that I’ve run out of steam.  It’s just that sometimes there are lots of tasks that need to be done in priority to blogging.

I’m temporarily stuck, like the barge in the snowstorm on 1 December 2010, pictured above.

So once I’ve recovered from the chastising I’m receiving (from myself) for not getting out for a walk on this beautiful sunny day, I’ll get back into gear and report on a lovely day at Center Parcs, some books that I’ve been reading, perhaps the odd bit of gear, and even a TGO Challenge route or two (this year’s pictures still needing to be ‘processed’).

I do try to keep up with quite a few other blogs, through Google Reader, and these had built up to over 300 unread entries in no time at all, partly thanks to the extremely prolific Jeremy Burrows.  I skimmed through these this morning and was sorry to hear of the demise of Darren and John’s dogs.  Commiserations both…

I also noticed that James is about to receive some gear for review from Webtogs, which organisation has received a good review itself from Louise.  I’m still waiting for the call, Gareth!

There was lots of other good stuff on ‘Reader’, causing my morning read to stray into the afternoon.  This wasn’t aided by meeting Carol during a brief excursion to the shops.  I hadn’t seen Carol for many years.  She was the leader of a small team who had the thankless task of converting my and others’ scribblings into meaningful typed documents before the days of word processors.  Not that long ago, really.  Great to see you, Carol.  I’ve found some photos.  They are rather old.  I’ll spare us all the embarrassment!

JJ, that esteemed resident of Timperley, has bunked off to Florida, but not before circulating this delightful little video:

JJ tells me he is working on his own version of this, “in Manchester Craft Market, the Saturday before Christmas”.  That could be fun!

Meanwhile, Old Mortality was also circulating stuff, so by way of contrast, here is one of his delicately illustrated offerings:

I’m told that somebody appears to have plucked some of the spiders’ legs!  You may wish to check that out….

6 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

It is amazing how quickly the unread postings mount up - still it gives us something to do if we are stuck indoors due to the weather.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back!
SAHH

James Boulter said...

I got my first item from Webtogs, just need to get out there and do a walk wearing the said bit of technical fabric. Me thinks Friday will be the day.

Phreerunner said...

Trevor - you are quite right. Incidentally, I've seen quite a few cyclists on the towpath that masquerades as an ice ring. Very brave, but they'd be better off actually on the canal!

Stay at home Hazel - Hello! Belated birthday greetings!

James - that's interesting - I wonder what they'll set me loose on... enjoy the Friday test.

John J said...

Just checking in from Freezing Florida - frost & ice most mornings.

I can't wait to get back to Timperley for some 'real' weather!

JJ

Louise said...

I know what it feels like to be catching up. We've had a BT Broadband 'major outage' for 48 hours, so now I'm trying to catch up with blogs and emails. Regulars took priority, of course!