Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 14 April 2011

Sunday 27 March 2011 – The Wilmslow Half Marathon

Jean Ndayisenga at the 13 mile mark on his way to winning the Wilmslow Half Marathon - 2011, in 1.04.24

It’s nearly three weeks since JJ and I cycled down to Wilmslow to ‘support’ (or should that read ‘mock’) Steve in his futile bid to break 1 hour 30 mins for the half-marathon route.

“It was too crowded” he explained, “I’d have done it in an hour if I hadn’t been tripped up at the start!”

To be fair, it was pretty crowded at the start, with nearly 5,000 people vying to be first off the mark.  The conditions were nigh on perfect though, and despite having done no training, I was wishing that I’d been able to gain a late entry.  It would have been my second half marathon.  Never mind.

I was keen to spot Alastair, who finished about 10 minutes behind Steve, but he was camera shy and hid behind other runners every time he went past.  I think.

Anyway, for the benefit of JJ, Steve and anyone else who is interested, the slideshow of the 11 snaps I took on the day, is here.

No comments: