Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 28 January 2019

Saturday 26 January 2019 – Wythenshawe parkrun number 375


This was not a ‘normal’ parkrun. It was Queen Jackie of Wythenshawe’s 60th birthday. Many of the 325 attendees, seen gathering on a dull morning in the above picture, appeared to be part of her extended family. Run Director for the day, Tris, waxed lyrical for about five minutes, relating Jackie’s many achievements. She is shown below finishing ahead of me back in 2016 – as on a fairly permanent basis – not her greatest achievement!



Whilst I took it easy, Sue’s ‘Achilles Massage Plan’ seems to be working and she finished in 26.22, coming third out of 18 in her age group. Well done Sue. (I came third out of three in my age group – told you I took it easy.)

I have a gentle rivalry with Michael, pictured below with stalwart volunteer marshal, Norma. Michael has briefly moved into a different age category – I suspect that when I enter that category he will resume his habit of whipping past me in the finishing straight.


Just a bit of fun – not a race, and we miss ‘Fast Ken’, Norma’s husband – who currently has a debilitating knee problem.

Full results here.

No comments: