Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 12 April 2020

Tuesday 28 January 2003 - Eddisons Ramble to the Trough of Bowland

 
This was a bit of a one-off - here's my diary entry made at the time:
 
An hour and 45 minutes took me to The Inn at Whitewell by 9.15 am, for bacon butties and tea, before about a dozen of us set off on this (first ever for me) corporate entertainment (or 'corporately corrupt' as my mate Dave would describe it) walk, organised by Eddisons, property and plant valuation agents, for a few of their clients.
 
The weather wasn't brilliant, varying from sunny, breezy, sleety, rainy, etc, but the four mile stroll from Newton, via Hodder Bank Fell and Burholme was pleasant enough despite some deepish bogs.
 
I failed to remember the names of everyone present, but it was organised by Ben Lynch, and Alan Howarth, Catherine, Gavin, and Richard were definitely there.
 
We enjoyed an excellent lunch at The Inn at Whitewell, and made a leisurely departure for home at 3.30, just missing the rush hour.
 
The four mile walk could have been longer, but this is the sort of corporate entertainment for me!
 
I took several photos with the crappy Olympus camera, all of which are reproduced here. I particularly like the sunlit field.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm sure that some of the participants must still be around, but a cursory search revealed that whilst this unusual form of marketing did no harm at all to Eddisons, which appears to be flourishing on a nationwide basis, I can't seem to track down anyone pictured above.
 
However, there is a name I recognise amongst Eddisons current impressive list of  'people'. I wonder whether Stephen, who works out of their Stockport office, and who was working for a competitor back in 2003, will remember me, or indeed any of the individuals pictured above?
 
Curiously, if it was raining today, and I was allowed out for a walk (I've already had my permitted exercise - a bike ride), I would be dressed in exactly the same clothes as I was on this day in 2003. Different shoes though!

No comments: