Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 16 November 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 42: 10 May 2013)

 
It's a while since I reported on No 41 in this series of postings. Keen observers may note an absence of wild camps in 2012. Not that Sue and I didn't do the Challenge that year. But with Sue having a shoulder problem that prevented her from wearing a rucksack, we managed the Challenge with my rucksack, and a bum bag for Sue. We stayed with friends or at B&Bs and had a very enjoyable crossing.

2013 saw me on my 7th Challenge, with Sue taking a year off in favour of a shorter 'bagging' trip.

I started from Plockton and on the first, fairly easy, day I muscled my heavy load over Auchtertyre Hill and reached a good spot by Loch nan Gillean at NG 922 355. I hadn't seen a single person since 10 am.

This was the first wild camp for a new tent (and still, seven years later, my newest tent), a Terra Nova Solar Competition 2. 

The following morning the cloud was just about down to the 400 metre camping spot.

No comments: