Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 16 September 2021

The London Marathon 2021, and some Fundraising



Here we go again! I've started fundraising and would like to thank all those who have already donated - it's the charity that I've been supporting for many years - the Levana School Partnership, which raises money for pupils at two Primary Schools in a deprived area of Cape Town.

Click on this line to go to my JustGiving page.

Alternatively, click on the image above, or on the image that will appear on the right at the top of this blog whilst I am fundraising.

The picture shows me at the end of last year's 'Virtual' London Marathon (reported on here) that involved running around a local park for five and a half hours. That's about how long I expect to take on 3 October - old age is taking its toll and I'm 'running' rather slowly these days. The cap has gone as well, lost in the Lake District last week, so it has a garish replacement to go with some new Brooks running shoes. A sore heel has limited any 'training' to 5km a day. I've been walking or running 5km every day for over 450 days - maybe that's why I have a sore heel - so I'm planning to pootle round the course and simply try to enjoy the occasion.

Thanks, in anticipation if you haven't already donated, for your contributions, and hope to see you soon.

No comments: