Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Tuesday 22 March 2022

Some Walks in Lancashire


I'll report in more detail when I get home, but BC will be pleased to hear that I've now embarked on a crusade of Mark Sutcliffe's 'Cicerone Lancashire' walks.

The first was Number 32 - 'Sunnyhurst Wood and Darwen's Jubilee Tower'. You can see from the picture that another visit will be needed to see the tower at its best!

The second was walk Number 15 - 'Glasson, Cockersand Abbey and Conder Green', conveniently situated near Preston Hospital.  I felt a little guilty to be enjoying the sunshine while my daughter was undergoing chemoradiotherapy, but it was better than waiting in the hospital car park. The picture below shows Plover Scar lighthouse from the remains of Cockersand Abbey, in the Lune estuary.


 

1 comment:

bowlandclimber said...

A good start. The collection seems varied and inspirational.