Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 18 September 2024

Monday 16 September 2024 - Manchester Jazz at Eagley Jazz Club



As Bolton is more or less on my way home from the Yorkshire Dales, and thanks to Markus and me eating fairly early, I was able to return home via Manchester Jazz Band's gig at Eagley.

I don't think this band has performed at Eagley before now, but it was good to see the familiar faces of Mike Pembroke (trombone), Jim Lucas (trumpet), and Eric Newton (reeds). They are pictured above with Roger Browne (piano and band leader).

The other two members of the band have crept into the pictures below - Chris Pendlebury (percussion), and Allan Wilcox (bass). I hope I've got that right! Jim was just making a guest appearance tonight, and there may usually be a guitar/banjo player in the line up, so I guess membership of this band is quite 'fluid'.



I'm glad I made the effort, it was a most entertaining evening, and great music.

No comments: