Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 13 December 2018

New Trainers

1301asics1

Yesterday I took the opportunity to pop in to Running Bear in Alderley Edge, thanks to their 20% off voucher in the Tatton Yule Yomp goodie bag.

My old Asics trainers have lasted well and haven't come adrift in the usual places such as the heel fabric. The soles are somewhat lacking in tread though. The shoes were duly declared ‘dead’ and have been relegated to a dark corner. My records indicate that they have done around 1100 miles, which I believe is pretty good for this type of shoe. Their predecessors lasted  to about the same mileage. So the obvious choice of replacement was a third pair of Asics shoes, this time their ‘Nimbus 9’ offering. The design does appear to have changed in the 2-3 years since my last ones were bought.

Whilst the uppers and heel and internal fabric of the old shoes are still in excellent condition, the soles have become rather worn, despite being exposed mainly to the grass of Wythenshawe Park.

1302asics2

I hope the new Nimbus 9 shoes match up to their predecessors.

1303asics3

Whilst I was at it I got Sue some Saucony Peregrin shoes that have big lumps (lugs?) on the soles so that she can speed through the slippery grass of the park. I’ll picture them when she uses them – maybe on Saturday.

No comments: