Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 23 May 2010

Sunday 23 May 2010 - TGO Challenge Day 10 - Plan – Watershed at NN 974 656 to Loch Beanie

Martin’s planned route and statistics for today are shown below:

1 Watershed at NN 974 656
2 Creag nan Gobhar
3 Ben Vuirich (Corbett)
4 Daldhu
5 Bridge at Creag Loisk
6 Track junction by lunch hut
7 Spittal of Glenshee
8 Westerton of Runavey
9 Boathouse at Loch Beanie – 410 metres (NO 156 685)

Statistics
27 km
1179 metres ascent
11.4 hours
(1 Corbett)

TGO Challenge 2010 - Day 10 - Plan

2 comments:

_ said...

Your planning map for Day 10 has just given me one of those "Ahhh" moments -- you know, when you realise two places that are distantly separated in your mind, are in fact adjacent geographically.

Spittal of Glenshee was the base for my first foray into Scotland (back in January 1993) -- Ben Gulabin was my first Scottish hill, followed the same day by my first Munro, Carn a' Gheoidh. A wonderful, if tiring, introduction to the Scottish winter mountains.

Anyway, looking at your overview map, I noticed Airgiod Bheinn over there in the west, and thought: "Hmmm, I was on *an* Airgiod Bheinn near Beinn a' Ghlo a month back -- I wonder where this one is".

As I said -- Ahhh.

This has always been one of the main appeals of long, linear walks to me -- that holistic perspective you gain of the wider landscape, when freed from the self-imposed and wholly artificial shackles of the car, and the need to return to the road at the end of the day.

I hope you're also enjoying this wonderful weather we're having in the Midlands at the moment. Not far to go now (easy said from here!)

Phreerunner said...

Paul
These walks across Scotland certainly have improved my geography, especially as I've always brought a 1:250,000 map that gives the wider picture from any particular summit.