Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 9 September 2010

Thursday 9 September 2010 – Another ‘Big Macc Ramble’

On the 'Big Macc' trail near Sparbent
It was a pleasure to be back on the old boneshaker today, for a two hour buzz around this familiar route.  Despite some rain, the sun did shine as I was passing Sparbent on my way down the rocky path towards Wildboarclough.

Whilst suspension may be nice, this bike is lighter and more manoeuvrable than The Tank.  I should have had it serviced and taken it on the Transalp trip.

I tried later to remove some of the accumulated grime, as it’s being serviced tomorrow*.  I got very oily!

* “The steel frame will last for ever” said Joe, when I took it in to Bikeshak.  So it’s a refurbishment, with some welcome advice - “full mudguards, and a new chain every six months, would be a good idea.”  So, am I still dreaming of a new bike?  Perhaps not.

No comments: