Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 11 November 2010

Sunday 7 November 2010 – Elite Karting

There's an aggressive glint in No 4's eyes as he readies himself for the green light in the final
My son in law, Simon (more about him in the next posting) kindly organised a trip to Elite Karting in Wigan.

It took me over an hour to complete the 30 minute journey to this venue, and my performance in the kart mirrored that effort.  I never did work out the racing line, and when I got close to it someone always seemed to bash me out of the way!

There were 33 of us in the Grand Prix, including rather too many testosterone/adrenaline fuelled men with Alonso/Webber/Vettel masks.

Mere mortals stood no chance, so having made it into the last eighteen, together with Bernie (Simon’s dad), Simon and I thought we’d done quite well.  The top two from each semi progressed to the final (pictured).  Simon (especially) and I were therefore gutted to be thumped by illegal manoeuvres into third place in our respective semis, but at least he managed one of the fastest laps.

A very small (4 images) album is here.

Next time Simon will be inviting a party of schoolchildren.  That may allow us a better chance of success!

PS Should anyone else who attended this event read this, I do apologise for the smidging of poetic licence employed within this report.  A special apology goes to the young lad who suffered at least twice as a result of the violent and uncontrollable antics of my kart. 

No comments: