Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 4 April 2021

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 58: 21 May 2014)



Another early arrival saw me pitched in the Fetteresso Forest at NO 721 876 by late afternoon, in a spot near Hill of Roughbank kindly recommended by HMP3. This would be my final wild camp on this, my eighth Challenge.

Bernie Clark and Paul Myerscough arrived just as I was turning in for another comfy night on soft ground. The following morning I noticed that Stefan had also pitched up, but I was long gone before any of them woke to the new day.

Given a forecast of rain, I then enjoyed a final sprint to Dunnottar Castle, covering the 29 km route by 9 am, after which a short walk into Stonehaven saw me on the bus to Montrose, narrowly avoiding a soaking from the first rain for nearly two weeks.


3 comments:

AlanR said...

That’s a nice spot. What time did you set off to do 29km by 9am! I don’t think I could do that on a bike.

Phreerunner said...

It was a good spot Alan, and I got a good sleep before leaving at 4.15 with a light pack. I'd struggle with that pace these days.

AlanR said...

So would the SAS. Ha.