Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 13 May 2023

Saturday 13 May 2023 - Wythenshawe parkrun #522



On a lovely sunny morning, I forgot to take my camera, so thanks go to Jeanette for providing the above picture of  some of us enjoying our post run coffees at the pony cafe.

Sue was absent, bellringing, and I chose to help Paul Tomlinson to a PB of 34:49.

All very jolly. Full results are here. It was perfect weather for running.

Sadly, I learnt later that Michael Dunne, my old 'sparring partner' on these runs, has passed away following his recent diagnosis of a tumour. Thoughts are with his many friends (he was a stalwart of Sale Harriers and a sub 2:30 marathon runner) and family. It was his illness that triggered my recent fundraising activities for St Anne's Hospice. Rest in peace, Michael.

No comments: