Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 25 August 2024

Saturday 24 August - Cheadle Hulme parkrun #380



With lots of local parkruns cancelled for a variety of reasons - trees down, other activities taking precedence, etc, we and numerous other Wythenshawe regulars went along to Cheadle Hulme, at six miles from home the closest parkrun that we hadn't previously visited, 

Sue and I are pictured above before the start with Jan.

Then we made our way to the start, where the Run Director usually has about 50 participants to brief. Today there were 148 of us.




Then we set off. I was at the back as usual.


It was a rough, undulating course. The sort of course I like, so I was able to pass a few folk and finish in position 105. I was the only participant older than 70.

Full results are here.

Our little team gathered together afterwards.

Martin, Jan, Andy, Paul, Sue, Laura, Rufus, Jeanette, Greg

Some of us reconvened in the cafe, where the service was quicker than we are used to at Wythenshawe.


I would happily do this parkrun again. Apparently it can get very muddy.

A 'Blossom Frog' guided me back to the car park.


No comments: