Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 23 May 2008

Friday 23 May - TGO Challenge 2008 - Reprise

Well, it's all over for another year. A most enjoyable fortnight in superb weather. The postcard picture is of a small section of the camp site at Montrose before we left this morning.

I've now added a bit to yesterday's entry to cover last night's celebrations, and I may add a bit more later. Suffice to say here that we very much enjoyed it and needed much more time to talk to everyone we wanted to, albeit we left after 1 am.

I hope those who read my 'as it was on the day' postings over the past couple of weeks appreciated them. It was not always easy to write/post them!

Your comments are most welcome.

I will edit out any factual inaccuracies of which I become aware. Any other amendments or additions will be italicised, and pictures may be changed or added.

That's all for now as we are just off on a weekend's camping trip in the Peak District, on which I will report next week.

Back to Index

3 comments:

Daryl May said...

Congratulations, Martin. Looks like you had a great time. I enjoyed reading your account. Your site is beautifully clear and the photos are great too.

Daryl

Unknown said...

Martin - super writeup. What software/hardware combination are you using for creating blog and photo entries while you're on the challenge?

Phreerunner said...

Hi Nigel
Thanks for your comment. The blog was written at the end of each day using a Blackberry 8320 (new for that trip). The postings were simply by email from the phone direct to the blog. I posted daily images from the Blackberry, but on return home I replaced most of those with images from a Canon S70 (now replaced with a G10). I've not edited the text to any extent - I've indicated where I have done - so the blog was limited to whatever I had the energy and discipline to produce as we went along.
I set up the route entries in advance, to post automatically during the course of each day, though they sometimes got out of phase when there was no phone signal.
It all worked pretty well, and the same process was used a few weeks later to record a two month trip to the Alps - that's the IBR label on the blog.