Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 7 April 2018

Saturday 7 April 2018 – A parkrun, and Manchester Marathon preparation

0701parkrun1

Ken and Helen have popped over from Ottawa for Ken’s dad’s 94th birthday, after which they are paying us a brief visit as Ken is attracted by Manchester’s allegedly fast marathon course..

Today they joined us for Wythenshawe’s 333rd parkrun. Below, you can see Helen trying to encourage Ken to avoid being caught up by the tail walker on his final training run before tomorrow’s marathon. He managed the 5km in around 47 minutes, about 7 minutes behind Jeanette and Sue, who for injury reasons were both walking and talking.

0702parkrun2

I was sensible. I was a marshal today.

After a visit to Manchester to pick up Ken’s bib, we subjected ourselves to a dress rehearsal for tomorrow’s run.

0706marathon4

I think that’s enough for today. My typing is keeping everyone awake!

PS Thank you to the many people who have donated to the Levana School Partnership, for whom I am running this marathon, and especially to the kind supporter who has just (11.20pm before the race) taken me above the original £750 target. I hope to see her on Church Road in Urmston tomorrow afternoon.

Further donations have been promised and will of course be gratefully received.

No comments: