Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Sunday 1 April 2018

Saturday 31 March 2018 – Wythenshawe parkrun number 332, and A Marathon Fundraising

3101parkrun

Whilst Sue and Jeanette chatted their way around the 5km course, walking it in a shade under 40 minutes, Paul blasted round in 22.30 (those were the days – I used to be able to do that!), and I struggled home in a bit over 25 minutes. If I could keep that pace up I’d do next Sunday’s marathon in under 4 hours. But I couldn’t keep it up for another one km, let alone 37!

The results are here.

That’s my last timed run before the Manchester Marathon on 8 April. I’m hoping to enjoy that event, but it’ll be extremely hard work for a good five hours.

I’m using this marathon as my annual fundraising effort for the Levana School Partnership – a small charity that supports two township schools in Cape Town. My JustGiving page is here. All contributions, however small, are very much appreciated. The money goes a long way when spent in South Africa, and it does make a difference for a lot of children.

No comments: